Thursday, June 6, 2013

College Search Support from the TSA?

Not many people I know love to go through airport security, but a Transportation Security Administration employee is my latest role model. When I got home from my  tour of Pennsylvania colleges, I opened my suitcase to find the below note, left for me by the TSA. "1924-Good luck choosing a college!"



As a 50+ adult, it certainly made me smile when I realized that the TSA worker must have seen my large stack of viewbooks and thought I was a high school student checking out college options. I puzzled a bit about the "1924". My guess is that it's a TSA employee ID number, but I haven't been able to confirm that or figure out how to send back a thank you to this well-wisher.


Mostly, I appreciate the thoughtfulness of this worker. I pinned the note above my desk because it reminds me that even when I feel swamped, taking the time to be extra kind to a student or colleague is always worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment