Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Twelve Gift Ideas for Future College Students

This article first appeared in GoLocalPDX.com on December 24, 2014.

Need some gift ideas for a future college student? Sing this revised version of the 12 Days of Christmas to learn what college freshmen want.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me a laptop with Dragon Naturally*.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 5 chocolate bars 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bars, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bars, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 8 Starbucks gift cards,  7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bars, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 9 months of Netflix, 8 Starbucks gift cards,  7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bars, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 10 family photos, 9 months of Netflix, 8 Starbucks gift cards, 7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bars, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 11 online textbooks, 10 family photos, 9 months of Netflix, 8 Starbucks gift cards,  7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate bar, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
♫ Before I left for college, my parents gave to me 12 gigs of cloud storage,  11 online textbooks, 10 family photos, 9 months of Netflix, 8 Starbucks gift cards,  7 dozen cookies, 6 taxi vouchers, 5 chocolate, 4 college sweatshirts, 3 fuzzy blankets, 2 Bluetooth speakers, and a laptop with Dragon Naturally.
Also appreciated: an extra-cushy mattress pad, a popcorn popper and popcorn, Ziploc baggies, movie passes, any care package containing food, laundry detergent, extra sheets and towels, extra socks and underwear, batteries, granola bars, a first aid kit, a desk lamp, sticky notes and highlighter pens, scissors and a stapler, a sewing kit, and plane tickets home for school breaks.
*Dragon Naturally Speaking is voice to text software that is great for dictating school papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment